Cheese Enchiladas are one of my absolute favorite foods, and when I started the Weight Watchers Program, I was pretty sure I’d have to give these babies up for good. But when I found this Weight Watchers Cheese Enchilada Recipe, I was totally overjoyed. Now I can have my cheese enchilada, and my waistline too! With just 6 Weight Watchers Points per serving, this is the perfect Mexican Food Recipe to serve up with some 0 Points Salad or roasted veggies or the 0 Point Weight Watchers Mexican Style Soup, and you’ve got the perfect meal. This is truly one of the best cheese enchilada recipes that I’ve ever tried — and I can’t believe it’s actually good for you too!
Weight Watchers Cheese Enchilada Recipe
- 1 spray non fat cooking spray
- 10 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed to remove water
- 15 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 medium tortillas, flour, fat-free
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a 7 X 11-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Combine spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, oregano, onion powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl; mix well. Spoon 1/4 of spinach mixture onto center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas, fold in ends and place side-by-side in prepared baking dish. Spoon salsa over tortillas and sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of Mexican cheese.
Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes. Uncover and bake until top is golden brown, about 10 minutes more.
* Top with 2 tbsp of reduced fat sour cream for an extra 1 Weight Watchers Point per serving
Makes 4 servings
Each serving = 6 Weight Watchers Points