Roasted Peppers and Onions Side Dish Recipe – 1 Point Value
With just 1 Weight Watchers Point, this super delicious Tri-Color Roasted Peppers and Onions Recipe is the perfect side dish to go with any meal. Not only is it low calorie, but it’s a super healthy choice too — loaded with fiber, vitamins and antioxidants. I love the colors and textures of the vegetables, which makes this Weight Watcher vegetable recipe an aesthetically appealing dish that looks great on the table! Because the peppers and onions have such flavor themselves (and the roasting really enhances that), they really don’t need too much seasoning or preparation. This is truly a fantastic Weight Watchers Recipe to have in your arsenal as it’s sure help you reach your weight loss and healthy eating goals!
Weight Watchers Roasted Peppers and Onions Side Dish Recipe
- 3 sprays olive oil cooking spray, divided
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium orange pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 2 tsp rosemary, fresh, or 1 tsp thyme, fresh
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
Place peppers and onion in a large bowl; coat with cooking spray. Add oil, rosemary or thyme, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
Spread vegetables in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes and then stir vegetables. Roast for 10 minutes more and then check for doneness. If peppers are very brown in spots and fragrant, remove from oven. If not, stir vegetables, roast for 5 to 10 minutes more and then check again.
Serving size is about ¾ cup
Each serving = 1 Weight Watcher Point