photo credit: chezus.com
Some of the feedback that I heard from many of you was about wanting to see some healthy lunch recipes for kids, so the one that I want to share today is my so tasty it’s too good to be true Egg Salad Recipe. By simply reducing the mayo and amount of egg yolks that are in traditional egg salad recipes, and adding in some extra flavor, I transformed this typically fattening dish that is not only low in WW Points + for you, but healthy and delicious for your kids. Serve it up over a bed of fresh greens, fresh tomato slices, or as my 2-yr old likes it – over mini whole grain toast slices. The entire recipe is just 4 Points +!! Do you realize that this means you can sit down and eat the WHOLE bowl and not feel an ounce of guilt? Yeah, I’m loving that aspect. Enjoy!
Egg Salad Recipe
A quick and healthy kids lunch idea or Weight Watchers Lunch Idea, this low calorie egg salad recipe is not only delicious, but easy to make. Full of protein, low on fat and carbs, it’s just 4 Points + for the entire recipe!
- 1 hard-boiled egg, peeled and chopped
- 3 hard- boiled eggs (whites ONLY), peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, finely diced
- 1 tsp low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp red onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- juice from ½ a lemon, freshly squeezed
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Mash egg and egg white in a small bowl with a fork.
- Stir in celery, mayonnaise, mustard, onions, dill, lemon juice and salt and pepper until combined.
Cooking time (duration): 10
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 1
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Serving size is entire recipe
Each serving = 4 Points +
PER SERVING: 163 calories; 7 g fat; 4 g carbohydrates; 19 g protein; 0 g fiber