photo credit: delish.com
A slice of creamy cheesecake for just 4 Points + per slice!?? YES, please!! When I first came across this Orange Marmalade Cheesecake Recipe on Eating Well, I literally wanted to lick the screen. I love cheesecake, and anytime I can find a healthier, lower calorie version, you can bet your bottom dollar that I’m going to be giving it a try. I made some changes to their version to make it more WW friendly, and I was surprised at how well it turned out – though it does take a bit more effort to make than most Weight Watchers Cheesecake Recipes I’ve found. But the taste is SO worth it! A healthy treat for the family or a great, low calorie dessert recipe to take to a party or potluck, this delicious orange cheesecake will not disappoint!
Orange Marmalade Cheesecake Recipe
This low calorie cheesecake recipe lets you feel like you are indulging in a decadent dessert! Treat yourself to a slice of Marmalade Glazed Orange Cheesecake for just 4 Points + per slice.
- 10 reduced fat vanilla wafer cookies (Nilla Wafers, Reduced Fat)
- 1 cup original Fiber One cereal
- 1 ½ tbsp low calorie butter, melted (I used Brummel & Brown)
- 12 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (room temp)
- 2 1/2 cups fat free cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 4 tsp freshly grated orange zest
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp orange marmalade
- For the glaze:
- 2 tbsp orange liqueur, or orange juice
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Put a kettle of water on to boil for the water bath. Wrap the outside of the pan with a double thickness of foil.
- To prepare crust: Grind vanilla snaps and Fiber One cereal in a food processor. Add butter and process until the crumbs are moistened. Press crumbs evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- To prepare filling: Puree cottage cheese in a food processor until smooth, scraping down the sides once or twice. Add cream cheese, granulated sugar (or Splenda), and cornstarch. Process until very smooth. Add egg, egg whites, yogurt, orange zest, orange juice and vanilla; process until smooth. Pour over the crust.
- Place the cheesecake in a shallow roasting pan and pour in enough boiling water to come 1/2 inch up the outside of the springform pan. Bake until the edges are set but the center still jiggles when the pan is tapped, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Turn off the oven. Spray a knife with cooking spray and run it around the inside edge of the pan. Let the cheesecake stand in the oven, with the door ajar, for 1 hour. Remove the cheesecake from the water bath and remove the foil. Refrigerate, uncovered, until chilled, about 2 hours.
- To glaze cheesecake: Shortly before serving, combine marmalade and orange liqueur (or juice) in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring, until melted and smooth. Place cheesecake on a serving platter and remove pan sides.
- Brush glaze over the top of the cheesecake. Cut evenly into 16 slices.
Cooking time (duration): 2 hour(s), 0 minutes
Entire recipe makes 16 servings
Serving size is 1/16 of cake
Each serving = 4 Points +
PER SERVING: 174 calories; 3 g fat; 22g carbohydrates; 14 g protein; 3 g fiber