Arugula and Prosciutto Pizza Recipe – 6 Points +
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. I LOVE pizza. I seriously cannot get enough of it. I’ll take it anytime, anywhere, anyplace. Given my insatiable pizza obsession, I’m always on the lookout for good Weight Watchers Pizza Recipes that don’t compromise flavor and aren’t too high in Points +. This delicious Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza with Goat Cheese and Mozzarella is crazy delicious, and has just 6 Points + per slice. Not bad, considering all of the amazing flavors and textures. Pair it up with some other low Points Plus side dishes for a fantastic Weight Watchers dinner or lunch. No need to give up gourmet, Ristorante style pizzas just because you are counting calories!
Arugula and Prosciutto Pizza Recipe
Whip up this easy low calorie pizza recipe for lunch or dinner and enjoy a delicious gourmet pizza for a lot less Points Plus than the restaurant version. Loaded with decadent flavors and textures, it’s hard to believe this healthy pizza recipe is Weight Watchers friendly and just 6 Points + per slice.
- 1 lb prepared whole wheat pizza dough
- 2 ounces very thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups packed coarsely chopped arugula
- 1 cup chopped Roma tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to about the size of the baking sheet. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray a large nonstick skillet with nonfat cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add onion, prosciutto and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring, until the onion is beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Spread the onion mixture evenly over the crust and top with mozzarella and goat cheese. Bake until crispy and golden and the cheese is melted, 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with arugula and tomato.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Italian
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 slice
Each serving = 6 Points +
PER SERVING: 275 calories; 6 g fat; 30 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein; 2 g fiber