photo credit: yummy tummy cooking
Need a quick and healthy dinner recipe in a pinch? Try this No-Bake Macaroni and Cheese Recipe! It’s loaded with fiber and healthy ingredients and is a great dish to serve to the whole family. Each serving has 9 Points +, which isn’t bad at all for 1 1/4 cups of cheesy macaroni goodness. Pair it with a 0 Points Plus Salad Recipe, and you’ve got an amazingly yummy and filling meal that is very Weight Watchers Friendly. I also found this dish to be a great way to help get kids to eat more vegetables. Creamy, yummy and really quite flavorful, this No-Bake Macaroni & Cheese is not only super easy, but it’s the perfect, healthy alternative to traditional macaroni and cheese recipes that clock in at an average of 16 Points Plus per serving.
No-Bake Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
The perfect healthy dinner recipe that doesn’t require much effort and has just 9 Points + for a very filling serving. Creamy and cheesy, this Broccoli Macaroni and Cheese Recipe has all the flavor you’d want it to, but without the added fat and calories.
- 2 cups Ronzoni Smart Taste Elbow Noodles
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped broccoli
- 3 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup shredded extra-sharp reduced fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups fat free milk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta for 4 minutes. Add frozen broccoli and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the pasta and broccoli are just tender, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 1/4 cups milk in another large pot over medium-high heat until just simmering. Whisk the remaining 1/4 cup milk, flour, onion powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl until combined. Add the flour mixture to the simmering milk; return to a simmer and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture is thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in cheddar, Parmesan and mustard until the cheese is melted.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli and add to the cheese sauce. Return to the heat and cook, stirring, over medium-low heat, until heated through, about 1 minute.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 ¼ cups
Each serving = 9 Points+
PER SERVING: 289 calories; 6 g fat; 51 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 7 g fiber