Low Calorie Peach Cobbler Recipe – 3 Points +
Want a low calorie Southern dessert recipe that will knock your socks off? This delicious and easy Peach Cobbler Recipe certainly fits the bill. No need to feel guilty when indulging in this, as each serving is only 3 Points +. By bulking up the fruit, and decreasing the amount of crusty cobbler, you’ll get a dessert that has all the tastes and texture you know and love in a traditional Peach Cobbler Recipe, but for way less fat and calories. Take advantage of all the delicious peaches up for grabs at your local Farmer’s Market, and make a Weight Watcher’s friendly summer dessert that will make you forget you are trying to lose weight.
Low Calorie Peach Cobbler Recipe
This low calorie spin on a traditional Southern Peach Cobbler Recipe lets you indulge in the flavors you love, but with just 3 Points + per serving. Not a bad bargain! Try this WW dessert recipe after your favorite summer meal and forget about feeling guilty.
- 3 cups fresh peaches (about 4), peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup whole wheat all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp light butter, melted (I used Brummel & Brown)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp fresh grated lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8″ square baking dish with nonstick, butter flavored spray.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, 1/4 cup of the sugar and the nutmeg. Toss well to coat. Set aside for about 30 minutes to let the peaches soak up the sugar.
- In another large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, liquid egg substitute, vanilla, lemon rind and butter.
- Slowly blend the milk mixture into the flour mixture until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the peaches into the baking dish. Evenly spread the batter over top of the peaches and bake until the batter becomes brown – about 30 – 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let dessert rest for half an hour before serving. Cut into 6 equally sized pieces and serve at room temp or warm if desired.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (Southern)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1/6 of cobbler
Each serving = 3 Points +
PER SERVING: 110 calories; 1.5 g fat; 20 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber