photo credit: ctw fitness
Coleslaw is pretty much always a staple at any summer picnic or BBQ. And if you are a Weight Watcher, most of those coleslaw recipes can have some pretty scary stats which can use up a lot of your allotted Daily Points Plus Allowance. But try making this slimmed down version instead, and you’ll satisfy your craving for crisp and creamy coleslaw, but you’ll only be sacrificing 2 Points + for each 1 cup serving. Combining some traditional coleslaw ingredients with some not so traditional ones gives this tasty, low calorie side dish recipe a wonderful flavor, while still fulfilling the sweet and creamy texture you’d expect. So the next time you want a great idea for a Weight Watchers Side Dish Recipe, give this Creamy Coleslaw with Red Onion and Apple a try.
Creamy Coleslaw Recipe
Don’t feel guilty about serving coleslaw at your next Weight Watchers friendly summer meal…instead try this healthier version that has just 2 Points + per serving. It makes a wonderful and light no cook summer recipe that’s easy and satisfying!
- 1 small head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 2 small red apples, peeled, cored, shredded
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fat free mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, celery salt, pepper and sugar.
- Add in the cabbage, onion, carrot and apple, and toss well to coat.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend and marinate. Toss again before serving.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 0 minutes (s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 cup
Each serving = 2 Points +
PER SERVING: 76 calories; 0 g fat; 15 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber