This low calorie salad recipe puts a delicious Mediterranean spin on traditional tuna salad recipes. Light and fresh, it’s loaded with fiber and protein, making it an ideal Weight Watchers Recipe. It’s an entree sized salad – about 2.5 cups for the serving size, so it’s definitely satisfying. And the whole serving has just 5 Points +! And the best part is that it’s so easy to make, so if you need a quick lunch recipe that you can make in a pinch, this Mediterranean Tuna Salad is perfect. Enjoy!
Mediterranean Tuna Salad Recipe
Fresh and delicious, this low calorie tuna salad is loaded with fantastic Mediterranean elements. Each nicely sized serving is just 5 Points +, making it a great idea for a light lunch recipe.
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 6z cans chunk light tuna in water, drained
- 1 cup Persian cucumbers, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Combine beans, tuna, bell pepper, cucumber, onion, parsley, rosemary, 1/4 cup lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup lemon juice, oil and salt & pepper in a large bowl.
- Add salad greens; toss to coat.
- Divide the greens among 4 plates. Top each with the tuna salad.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Entire recipe makes 4 serving size
Serving size is ¼ of entire recipe, approx 2 ½ cups
Each serving = 5 Points +
PER SERVING: 198 calories; 4 g fat; 24 g carbohydrates; 22 g protein; 9 g fiber