This week, I’ve been all about the minimal ingredients recipe, as I’ve yet to get to the grocery store. And one of my favorite go to quick and healthy side dish recipes to use in situations like these, is this Roasted Balsamic Glazed carrots Recipe. It’s so simple, yet so tasty, and it’s such a yummy way to get my toddler to eat more veggies! When you add up the nutritional stats for these roasted carrots, it comes out to 2 Points +, but if carrots are technically 0 Points +, then the nutritional stats of the remaining ingredients are only 1 Points + per serving. So that’s how I chose to count it. Though, I will double check with my Weight Watchers leader at my next meeting and see which is the correct way to count it. Nonetheless, it’s a delicious and incredibly easy carrot recipe that helps give you more vegetable recipe ideas. These roasted carrots are a great accompaniment to a great variety of entrees, and go on our dinner table quite a bit. Enjoy!
Roasted Balsamic Glazed Carrots Recipe
A delicious and easy healthy side dish recipe that barely requires any prep work, these Roasted Balsamic Glazed Carrots are wonderful. The fantastic contrast of the balsamic vinegar and the sweet carrots and honey make a fabulous low calorie side to any meal.
- 1 lb bag baby carrots
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil mist
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly spread out carrots onto baking sheet and lightly mist with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 20 minutes. While carrots are cooking, whisk together the honey and vinegar in a medium sized bowl.
- Add carrots into the honey vinegar mix and toss well to coat.
- Place carrots back onto baking sheet and put back into oven for another 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 2 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1/2 cup
Each serving = 1 Points +
PER SERVING: 70 calories; 0g fat; 15g carbohydrates; 1g protein; 2g fiber