With the summer season kicking off, asparagus is plentiful at the markets, and is one of my favorite veggies. So I’m always on the lookout for delicious new Weight Watchers Asparagus Recipes to try, since I eat a lot of asparagus and love to shake up my plate with some new and unique ideas. This Balsamic Tomato Asparagus was off the charts AMAZING. The mild asparagus was a perfect palate for the creamy, tangy goat cheese and tart, acidic tomatoes. And at just 3 Points + for half the entire dish, this asparagus makes a great Weight Watchers side dish recipe that’s as delicious as it is beautiful. My husband loved it just as much as I did. I also loved how ridiculously easy it was to make. This recipe would also be fantastic using grilled asparagus too, so if you’ve got that grill heated up, toss on some asparagus and make this dish, asap!
Balsamic Tomato Asparagus
A delicious and unique side dish recipe, this Balsamic Tomato Asparagus dish is incredibly flavorful and just 3 Points + per serving. With it’s gorgeous colors and bold flavors, it offers a wonderfully fresh way to prepare asparagus.
- 1 bunch of asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook asparagus in boiling water 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Spray a large skillet with an olive oil mister and set over medium-high heat.
- Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar; cook 3 minutes. Stir in salt.
- Arrange asparagus on a platter; top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 2
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 2 servings
Serving size is ½ of dish
Each serving = 3 Points +
PER SERVING: 140 calories; 6g fat; 11g carbohydrates; 12g protein; 6g fiber