Light Bacon and Egg Breakfast Sandwich Recipe – 4 Points +
When I want a breakfast that’s quick and easy to make, this is one of my go to breakfast sandwich recipes. It’s basic, but oh so flavorful and filling. I feel like I’m getting all the tastes I crave but for a lot less Weight Watchers Points. I’ve also made these savory little sandwiches for lunch and dinner too, as they are just super fast and easy, and everyone loves them. And with just 4 Points + per sandwich, I can save room for dessert while still staying within my Points budget. These can also be prepared a day before, and the re-heated in the toaster oven (but I’d wait to add the mayo until just before serving). Definitely a great recipe to use when you need something fast and easy, but still light and healthy.
Light Bacon and Egg Breakfast Sandwich
This quick and easy breakfast sandwich recipe also makes a great lunch! Flavorful and filling, and just 4 Points +.
- 2 Sandwich thin rolls
- 4 pieces extra lean turkey bacon
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 tbsp reduced fat may (I used Vegenaise)
- 1 small Roma tomato, sliced
- 1/2 a small red onion, sliced
- Prepare turkey according to package directions.
- While turkey is cooking, scramble liquid egg substitute in a small, nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper, if desired.
- Toast sandwich thins.
- Spread ½ tbsp light mayo onto each sandwich thin, and then layer with ½ of the scrambed eggs, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, and tomato and onion slices.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 2
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 2 servings
Serving size is 1 sandwich
Each serving = 4 Points +
PER SERVING: 182 calories; 3g fat; 22g carbohydrates; 17g protein; 6g fiber