Get some extra heart healthy fats in your diet with this easy and delicious Pecan Crusted Tilapia Recipe. The sweet, yet delicate flavor of the pecans goes perfectly with the mild tilapia. And the cornflakes help to keep it light and crispy. Each serving is just 6 Points +, and it’s got a lot of protein in it, while still being a low carb recipe. This has become one of my go to Weight Watchers fish recipes when I need something quick and easy, healthy for my family, and still low in Points + for me. The fat from the nuts and fish is very satisfying without being oily or greasy. This Pecan Crusted Tilapia recipe goes wonderfully with some steamed vegetables and or a flavorful salad. Enjoy!
Pecan Crusted Tilapia
This easy and healthy tilapia recipe is a real treat for the whole family. The sweet, nutty pecans make a lovely breading for the fish, while the cornflakes help to keep it light and crunchy. Great idea for a quick weeknight dinner.
- 1 lb fresh tilapia fillets
- 1 cup cornflakes cereal
- 1/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup fat free buttermilk
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp light butter
- Lemon wedges
- In a food processor, combine cornflakes, pecans, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika, until they have formed a breadcrumb like consistency.
- Season both sides of tilapia with additional salt and pepper.
- Dredge fish fillets by dipping in flour first, then dip in buttermilk, and then finish with the cornflakes and pecan mixture.
- Heat butter in a large, nonstick skillet and set on medium high heat. Cook tilapia fillets for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until well browned and fish flakes with a fork.
- Serve with a lemon wedge, and squeeze lemon juice over fillets just before eating.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Pescatarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about ¼ of entire recipe
Each serving = 6 Points +
PER SERVING: 230 calories; 7g fat; 14g carbohydrates; 25g protein; 1g fiber