Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cookie Roll-Ups – 5 Points +
Chocolate and peanut butter – the best couple ever. And they definitely work well together in this Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cookie Roll Ups Recipe I created one day when I was craving Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. This actually started out to be a simple, low calorie Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe that I came across on Pinterest and wanted to try. But because they are flourless peanut butter cookies, the batter spread while baking, and made these HUGE cookies. With some spare chocolate chips on hand, I decided to make a quick chocolate melt, spread it on the cookie, and then roll it up. They were so good! If you don’t care for the chocolate, you can just make the flourless peanut butter cookies. They are very moist and chewy, and don’t quite have that cookie texture, so I think they work better in this roll up recipe. But either way, they are large and in charge, and are very filling and satisfying. I drizzled mine with a bit of the melted chocolate as well. These would be great as a dessert and/or topped with low calorie ice cream or fat free cool whip. Enjoy!
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cookie Roll-Ups
What a way to enjoy chocolate and peanut butter. These tasty cookie roll ups combine two amazing flavors in one decadent treat. Large and filling, each of these chocolate filled peanut butter cookies are practically a dessert.
- 1 cup reduced fat peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly mist with non-fat cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine honey and peanut butter.
- Add in egg and baking soda.
- Spoon batter onto cookie sheet, making 18 cookies. The batter will be very runny, that’s ok.
- Bake in oven for about 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet, until completely cooled. You should be able to easily peel cookie off the sheet without it falling apart. It will soft and flexible, not crisp, but it should not be so soft that it breaks apart. If cookie starts to break apart, return to oven for another minute or two.
- To make chocolate filling, melt chocolate chips in a double boiler, or put in a heat safe bowl, and set over a pot of boiling water, making sure that the bowl does not touch the water but just hovers right over by about 1inch.
- When chocolate has fully melted, gently spread it onto one side of each cookie using a small rubber spatula. Then, starting from one side, roll up the cookie and gently press to seal. Repeat for remaining cookies.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 18
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Entire recipe makes 18 cookie roll-ups
Serving size is 1 cookie roll-up
Each serving = 5 Points +
PER SERVING: 187 calories; 8g fat; 28g carbohydrates; 4g protein; 2g fiber