Smothered Tilapia Fillets Recipe – 5 Points +
A mild, yet flavorful tilapia recipe, these Smothered Tilapia Fillet is the perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner recipe idea. It’s a dish that’s packed with protein, and has just 5 Points + per serving. Not a bad bargain for beautiful, flaky white fish covered in creamy cheese sauce and spinach. And the carrots give this dish a lovely color and crunch too. It’s a wonderfully healthy fish recipe that the whole family will enjoy, and offers a great way to get in protein and nutrients without sacrificing taste.
Smothered Tilapia Fillets
Tilapia, smothered in a creamy spinach and cheese sauce, is truly a remarkable light dinner idea. So delicious, so flavorful and so easy to make with very little prep. At just 5 Points + per serving, these Smothered Tilapia Fillets are divine.
- 4, 4oz tilapia fillets (defrosted if using frozen)
- 1 cup frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed until most liquid is out
- 1/4 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 4oz reduced fat cream cheese, at room temp
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium sized shallot, minced
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Rinse fish and pat dry. Spray a small casserole dish with nonfat cooking spray, and place tilapia fillets inside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine remaining ingredients, then spread over tilapia.
- Bake, covered, for about 30 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Pescatarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 smothered fillet
Each serving = 5 Points +
PER SERVING: 219 calories; 8g fat; 5g carbohydrates; 30g protein; 1g fiber