Braised Sage and Rosemary Chicken Recipe – 4 Points +
The incredible flavors of fall/winter are featured in this savory Braised Sage and Rosemary Chicken Recipe. Simmered in a white wine and tomato based broth, this low calorie chicken recipe is light and flavorful, and boasts just 4 Points + per serving. It makes a wonderfully easy weeknight dinner idea, but is also lovely enough for me to suggest it as a Weight Watchers Christmas dinner recipe. I like to serve it over polenta, but it would also work really well on pasta or roasted vegetables. Each serving is just 4 Points +, making it a fantastic Weight Watchers recipe that delivers a lot of flavor and protein, with very minimal carbs and fat. Enjoy!
Braised Sage and Rosemary Chicken
Seasoned with the delicious rosemary and sage, this braised chicken is a perfect low calorie dinner idea to help keep you on track with your Weight Watchers goals. Juicy and flavorful, the chicken goes wonderfully over polenta, roasted vegetables or pasta.
- 24oz skinless, boneless chicken breasts (I used 6 4oz breasts)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 tsp fresh sage, minced
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Spray a large, deep, nonstick skillet with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium high heat.
- Cook chicken until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with about 1 tbsp of the wine, and then add in the onion and garlic and sauté until tender and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in salt & pepper, sage, rosemary and cloves, and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in tomato paste and wine, and bring to a boil while stirring up the browned bits.
- Return the chicken to the pan, and add in the broth. Bring to a simmer and then reduce heat to medium low and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 20-25 minutes. Make sure to keep spooning the liquid over the chicken while cooking. Let cool about 5 minutes before serving.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 breast with 1/6th of the sauce
Each serving = 4 Points +
PER SERVING: 161 calories; 3g fat; 4g carbohydrates; 28g protein; 0g fiber