I call these Light Cheese Nachos my “Bad Girl Nachos” because they taste SO good, but feel so bad. Seriously, when you eat them, you may feel like you are cheating on your diet. But one half of the entire platter is just 6 Points +, which is waaaaay better than the typical restaurant nachos. These are made with real cheese, and fresh ingredients making it incredibly flavorful. You are getting a lot of bang for your buck in these nachos, and they also quite filling. Share this dish with a friend and you’ll be able to enjoy a this guilt free pleasure for just a handful of Points +. These Light Cheese Nachos are key for me when I’m having a bad day and just need to consume some junk food. But if I can find a way to make my favorite version a lot healthier and Weight Watchers friendly, then I can have them more often and save the bad version for a very occasional treat. These healthy nachos are a MUST try!
Light Cheese Nachos
No need to feel guilty about this healthy version of a typically fattening food. These delicious Light Cheese Nachos are quick and easy to make and are a perfect, low calorie alternative to your favorite restaurant nacho platter.
- 2 oz reduced fat tortilla chips (about 28 chips)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa
- 1/4 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp black olive slices
- 2 tbsp jalapeno slices
- Place tortilla chips on microwave place, and top evenly with shredded cheese.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with remaining ingredients and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 2
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Entire recipe makes 2 servings
Serving size is 1/2 of entire platter
Each serving = 6 Points +
PER SERVING: 238 calories; 10g fat; 13g protein; 2g fiber