Crock Pot Thai Green Curry Chicken Recipe – 6 Points +
I LOVE Thai food and I love my crock pot, so this Crock Pot Thai Green Curry Chicken Recipe was the perfect marriage. Easy to put together, the end result is a delicious and filling green curry chicken that clocks in at only 6 Points + per serving. The only thing that I would do differently next time, is use fresh vegetables. The frozen Asian stir fry vegetables that I used tasted fine, but were a limp and soggy. If you prefer a more firm texture to your veggies, then I’d suggest using fresh vegetables instead of the frozen. Either way, this is still a super tasty and super easy Weight Watchers Crock Pot Recipe. Serve it over some brown rice or noodles for a complete meal. Enjoy!
Crock Pot Thai Green Curry Chicken
A quick and healthy meal in the crock pot, this Thai Green Curry Chicken is just the ticket when you are craving the flavors of Thai food. But this healthier version is loaded with protein and fiber and offers a very filling serving for just 6 Points +.
- 1lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 16oz bag stir fry vegetables (or use your choice of fresh)
- 1 15oz can light coconut milk
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice from 1 lime
- 3 tbsp green curry paste
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Salt and pepper chicken, and place inside crock pot.
- Cover with onion slices.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, lime juice, garlic, sugar, curry paste, and pour over the chicken and onions.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- During the last 30-45 min of cooking, add in the vegetables. Then , in a small bowl, mix cornstarch with 1 tbsp water and add into crock pot with the vegetables. Cook until vegetables are heated through and curry sauce thickens.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 4 hour(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Thai
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 ½ cups
Each serving = 6 Points +
PER SERVING: 272 calories; 8.5g fat; 17g carbohydrates; 28g protein; 3g fiber