I adore roasted vegetables…they give such a different and robust flavor to the veggie and, in my opinion, make vegetables really easy to eat. But one vegetable that I surprisingly haven’t tried to roast yet was beets. With a fresh bundle of beets on hand, I decided that now was the time. In just a few quick and easy steps, my beets were roasting away in the oven, and I was anxiously awaiting that first bite. They turned out even better than I expected! The salt, thyme and orange juice seasoning were perfect. They were sweet and tender, but with a kick. Absolutely delicious. And of course, they are 0 Points + per serving which makes them all the more tastier. My husband liked these a lot too, and they will definitely become a go to vegetable side dish in our household. Enjoy!
A simple side dish recipe that makes a big impact, these roasted beets are healthy, unique and delicious. Full of vitamins and minerals, they are the perfect vegetable side dish to go with your favorite Weight Watchers Recipe.
- 12 fresh beets, trimmed, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Juice from ½ a fresh orange
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a medium sized baking sheet with non-fat cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine beets with the fresh squeezed orange juice, salt and thyme. Toss well.
- Place beets on baking sheet, and roast in oven for about 40-45 minutes, turning once, until the beets are tender. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1/2 cup
Each serving = 0 Points +
PER SERVING: 48 calories; 0 g fat; 10g carbohydrates; 2g protein; 2g fiber