This Chicken with Zucchini and Feta Recipe tastes so light and fresh, and makes an ideal low calorie, Weight Watchers dinner recipe that can be prepared quickly and easily. The chicken and zucchini are are flavored with garlic, lemon and oregano, and then the feta tops the dish to create a delicious balance of flavors. I also love that this healthy dinner recipe can be put together and cooked so quickly – ideal for those hectic and tiring weeknights. And each serving is just 5 Points +, so you can pair this with a bread stick and a salad for a complete meal that the whole family will love. It also heats up really well the next day, so if you have any leftovers, you’ve got a great meal to take to work for lunch the next day. This Chicken with Zucchini and Feta definitely a crowd pleasing recipe that is a must try. Enjoy!
Chicken with Zucchini and Feta
A zesty and refreshing Weight Watchers dinner or lunch recipe, this Chicken with Zucchini and Feta is a real treat. The lemon and feta give this chicken a wonderful kick of flavor boost for hardly any extra calories.
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts (I used two 8oz breasts, and filleted them)
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup fat free feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray a medium sized roasting pan or baking dish with non-fat cooking spray. Slice one lemon into thin slices and cover bottom of roasting pan with them.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place them on top of lemon slices.
- In a medium sized bowl, toss together the zucchini, parsley, oregano, oil, garlic, and salt & pepper.
- Spread the zucchini mixture evenly over then chicken, then sprinkle with the feta cheese.
- Cover pan with foil, and make a few holes to allow for steam escape. Place in oven and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the chicken breasts are cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Greek
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 chicken breast
Each serving = 5 Points +
PER SERVING: 191 calories; 5g fat; 5g carbohydrates; 32g protein; 1.5g fiber