Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe – 5 Points +
You get more bang for your buck with a jalapeno popper by stuffing it into a chicken breast, in this Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe. The chicken comes out oh so tender and juicy, and the delicious spicy, creamy, bacon-y center provides the perfect kick. Each stuffed breast is just 5 Points +, making this a perfect, low Points Weight Watchers Chicken Recipe for an easy and unique weeknight dinner. It would also work for a sophisticated Super Bowl Sunday dinner recipe! If you love jalapeno poppers, this recipe is a must try. Enjoy!
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken Breasts
A delicious and healthier way to satisfy that craving for jalapeno poppers, these season chicken breasts are stuffed with cheese, bacon, and jalapenos. Quick, easy and incredibly satisfying, it’s a perfect Weight Watchers dinner recipe.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 4 fillets
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 3 slices extra lean turkey bacon, cooked and diced
- 3 oz reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp fat free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a shallow baking dish with non-fat cooking spray.
- Using a mallet, pound out each chicken fillet to get a larger, thinner fillet, and then season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine cream cheese, broth, cheddar, jalapenos and bacon.
- Spoon the cheese mixture onto on half of each chicken breast fillet. Fold in half to close, and secure with a toothpick.
- Place into baking dish and cover with foil. Make a few holes to allow steam to release.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked all the way through and is no longer pink in the middle.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 stuffed chicken breast
Each serving = 5 Points +
PER SERVING: 212 calories; 8.5g fat; 1.5g carbohydrates; 31g protein; 0g fiber