Not your typical cold, lettuce filled salad, this Baby Broccoli and Ricotta Salad is served warm, uses no lettuce at all, and is absolutely delicious. At 7 Points + for the entire salad, you are getting lots of heart healthy fats, and almost 10g of fiber. Not only is it insanely good for you, but the flavor combinations are perfect. The delicate ricotta tastes amazing over the slightly bitter roasted broccoli. And the lemon juice and olive oil are the perfect finishing touch. I realized that when I took the photo, I had forgotten to put on the red pepper flakes. They definitely added a fantastic effect to the flavor, so don’t forget them! This is also a really easy Weight Watchers Salad recipe that can be prepared pretty quickly. Serve it with some soup for a light lunch, or serve it as a healthy dinner appetizer…any way you devour it, this Baby Broccoli and Ricotta Salad Recipe is a sure hit. Enjoy!
Baby Broccoli and Ricotta Salad
This delicate and decadent salad is the perfect light lunch or dinner appetizer recipe. The flavors are so defined and they work perfectly together to create an absolutely delicious warm salad that is full of nutrients and healthy fats.
- 1lb baby broccoli
- 1 15oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and mist with an olive oil mister or non-fat cooking spray.
- Place broccoli, garbanzo beans and garlic on the baking sheet, and lightly mist with cooking spray or olive oil mister. Season with salt and pepper. Place into oven and roast for about 8-10 minutes or until broccoli begins to crisp on the edges.
- Divide broccoli/garbanzo/garlic mixture equally amongst 4 plates. Top each with lemon juice and ¼ cup ricotta cheese, and 1 tsp olive oil. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, and additional salt and pepper.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 salad
Each serving = 7 Points +
PER SERVING: 260 calories; 11g fat; 31g carbohydrates; 19g protein; 9.5g fiber