Here’s another easy and delicious way to enjoy some heart healthy salmon…with a fantastic Romesco sauce pour over it! Not only is this an incredibly flavorful salmon recipe that is just 7 Points + per serving, but it’s loaded with nutrients and vitamins too. I used zucchini in the recipe, but you can grill just about any other vegetable you want, if you prefer something different. I’ve made it with eggplants, asparagus and sauteed spinach, and it worked really with all of those. The Romesco sauce is really versatile and would also work well over chicken or eggs. And if you want to spend a few extra points, serve this salmon recipe over a grilled baguette slice…it’s soooooo good! This would make the perfect summer Weight Watchers recipe for that outdoor BBQ, and I definitely recommend giving it a try. it can also be done easily on a grill pan, if it’s too cold or rainy outside to barbeque. Enjoy!
Grilled Salmon with Spanish Romesco Sauce
Spice up some grilled salmon with this traditional Spanish Romesco sauce. The sauce is zesty and flavorful and will definitely give that salmon and grilled zucchini a nice kick. This makes a wonderful summer Weight Watchers recipe that is delicious and healthy.
- 1 ½ lbs salmon fillets, cut into 6 fillets
- 2 medium sized zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1 12oz jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium.
- In a food processor, combine peppers, tomatoes, garlic, vinegar, almonds, paprika and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Lightly mist salmon and zucchini with an olive oil mister or non-fat cooking spray, and then season with additional salt and pepper.
- Grill salmon and zucchini, turning once halfway through, until salmon is cooked through, and zucchini is tender, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer salmon and zucchini to serving plate, and pour the red pepper sauce (the Romesco sauce) over top of it. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Pescatarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Spanish
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 salmon fillet with sauce
Each serving = 7 Points +
PER SERVING: 217 calories; 8g fat; 20g carbohydrates; 29g protein; 1.5g fiber