Prepare it as a main dish or a side dish, but whichever way you choose to serve this Goat Cheese Stuffed Eggplant Rolls Recipe, you are going to be so glad you made it! It is absolutely delicious…so full of flavor. And it looks just lovely sitting in that bright red pepper and shallot sauce….almost too pretty to eat. Almost. At just 3 Points + for two rolls, you will gobble up these Goat Cheese Stuffed Eggplant Rolls without an ounce of guilt. The tart and pungent goat cheese is balanced by the delicate ricotta, allowing the bright and flavorful sauce to do it’s share of work. And though this dish looks beautiful and complicated..it is surprisingly easy. I definitely want to play around with this Weight Watchers eggplant recipe and see what enhancements and varieties I can come up with. These Stuffed Eggplant Rolls are a keeper for sure. Enjoy!
Goat Cheese Stuffed Eggplant Rolls
A decadent and beautiful way to enjoy a high fiber recipe that is loaded with mouth-watering flavors. This light and healthy dish makes a lovely Weight Watchers dinner recipe that is surprisingly easy.
- 2 medium eggplants, cut lengthwise into thin slices (cut 12 slices total)
- 2 12oz jars roasted red peppers, drained
- 4 medium sized shallots, diced
- 4 oz goat cheese, room temp
- 1/2 cup fat free ricotta
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp parsley, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray a large cooking sheet with non-fat cooking spray or an olive oil mister. Lay all eggplant slices evenly on baking sheet, mist with cooking spray, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven, and broil on both sides, until golden, about 6-7 minutes on each side. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, puree the peppers, vinegar, garlic and shallots until smooth. Pour into a 9” x 13” baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the goat cheese, ricotta and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 tablespoon of filling at the end of each eggplant slice; roll up. Lay seam side down in the baking dish with the sauce.
- Bake in oven for about 15 minutes. Garnish with additional parsley if desired. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 2 stuffed eggplant rolls with sauce
Each serving = 3 Points +
PER SERVING: 141 calories; 4.5g fat; 14g carbohydrates; 7g protein; 7g fiber