Red Cabbage and Goat Cheese Salad – 3 Points +
Need to throw together a healthy, delicious, beautiful and low Points salad in just a few minutes? Then this Red Cabbage and Goat Cheese Salad will make your day! A handful of ingredients come together to deliver a gorgeous salad that is loaded with flavor and texture. The toasted almonds add a perfect nutty balance to the sweet cabbage and tart goat cheese. Each 1 cup serving is just 3 Points +, making this an ideal Weight Watchers Salad Recipe to serve with your favorite meal. This dish came about when I had some extra cabbage and goat cheese on hand and my whole family loved it. Even my 4 year old son munched a few pieces (He was enticed by the color and had to try it). This cabbage salad was so quick and easy, and I will definitely be using it as a staple salad recipe more often. Enjoy!
Red Cabbage and Goat Cheese Salad
A quick and easy cabbage salad that is full of delicious flavors and textures. Not to mention, it’s loaded with fiber and nutrients, so you’ll get a lot of bang for your buck and each serving is just 3 Points +.
- 1 half large head red cabbage, chopped (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 6 tbsp fat free balsamic vinaigrette (I used Trader Joe’s brand)
- Heat a small, non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add almonds, and toast, tossing frequently, until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 3 Points +
PER SERVING: 96 calories; 4.5g fat; 11g carbohydrates; 5g protein; 2.5g fiber