Here’s one for all you carnivores out there….a Skirt Steak with Romesco Sauce that is absolutely to die for. Moist, juicy grilled skirt steak served with a rich and creamy Romesco sauce that is mouth watering-ly delicious. This steak recipe is actually very easy to make and requires minimal prep. You can can get it on the table in about 25 minutes, which is key for busy weeknights. Try serving this over some fresh greens or roasted vegetables to help add some extra volume to the dish and give you more bang for your buck. If you don’t mind adding some more Points, serve it over some roasted potato wedges…OMG….it’s so good! And don’t forget to sop up that extra sauce on your plate with a low calorie roll or breadstick! Just 5 Points + for a piece of steak with the Romesco sauce is quite a deal…enjoy!
Skirt Steak with Romesco Sauce
Treat yourself to this decadent dish without feeling any guilt. Juicy skirt steak smothered in a bold and flavorful Romesco sauce makes a wonderful dinner. Each bite is luscious and succulent…so good it’s hard to believe each serving is just 5 Points +.
- 1 ½ lbs skirt steak, thinly sliced into 8 fillets
- 1 12oz jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium high.
- Season steak with additional salt and pepper.Grill until cooked to desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Prepare Romesco sauce by combining red peppers, almonds, parmesan cheese, garlic, vinegar and salt & pepper in a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour Romesco sauce over steak and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: Spanish
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is 1 steak fillet with sauce
Each serving = 5 Points +
PER SERVING: 198 calories; 10.5g fat; 2g carbohydrates; 21g protein; 1g fiber