In another effort to get more heart healthy fish in my diet, I decided to prepare some tuna steaks. But because I don’t like fish recipes that taste, well, fishy, I always need a good sauce or marinade to help. In just a few minutes, I put this spicy jalapeno marinade together and let it sit for about 30-45 min in the fridge. Then, I just cooked them in a non-stick skillet until they were cooked through, and voila! It was very quick and easy. The jalapeno was not too spicy, so don’t be afraid to try this dish if you are not a fan of spicy foods. The lime juice and garlic really helped give a nice, balanced flavor to the tuna. This could totally be done with Ahi tuna steaks too, I just used albacore because it was readily available to me. I’d even try this marinade on chicken or vegetables to…it’s pretty versatile. But this Spicy Pan Seared Jalapeno Tuna Steaks Recipe is a great way to add some more low calorie fish recipes to your menu.
Spicy Jalapeno Tuna Steaks
This light and flavorful tuna recipe is so quick and easy, and very tasty. The delicate flavor of the tuna is enhanced with a spicy, citrus marinade. A great idea for a healthy Weight Watches dinner or lunch.
- 1 lb albacore tuna steaks, cut into 4 steaks
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice from 2 limes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro to garnish (optional)
- Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, jalapeno, and salt & pepper. Coat tuna steaks well with it, cover, and place in refrigerator. Allow to marinate at least 30 minutes.
- Spray a large, non-stick pan with non-fat cooking spray or an olive oil mister, and set over medium high heat.
- Cook tuna steaks about 5-8 minutes on each side, or until desired level of cooking is reached.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Pescatarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 tuna steak
Each serving = 5 Points +
PER SERVING: 234 calories; 11g fat; 0g carbohydrates; 28g protein; 0g fiber