Normally, one wouldn’t imagine a bowl of steaming hot chili as a meal on a sweltering summer day, but this Crock Pot Pork Chili is so light and fresh tasting, it makes a wonderful Weight Watchers Summer Recipe. The pork is nice and lean, and the fresh lime juice really help give this low calorie chili a bright flavor boost and a summer-y feel. This is a perfect crock pot recipe for when you have a busy day ahead, as the prep work is minimal, so you can toss it all in your slow cooker and forget about it until dinner time. I also topped mine with some reduced fat sour cream (for 1 extra Points Plus) and I really loved the flavor and texture that added to the chili. But feel free to top it with other flavor fixin’s you might like: jalapenos, green onions, diced onions, shredded cheese…these are all great options. And at just 4 Points + for each large serving, this guilt free Crock Pot Pork Chili is an absolute winner.
Crock Pot Pork Chili
A fresh and flavorful pork chili recipe that’s light enough for a summer evening dinner. Full of spectacular tastes and aromas this hearty chili is incredibly healthy and satisfying and involves minimal preparation.
- 1 ½ lbs pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 4oz can diced green chiles
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coat the inside of a 4-6 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lay onions on the bottom. Add in cubed pork, followed by garlic, beans, tomatoes, green chiles, lime juice, and spices. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 6 hours. Stir in cilantro about 20 minutes before serving.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 hour(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is about 1 ¼ cups
Each serving = 4 Points +
PER SERVING: 199 calories; 3g fat; 14g carbohydrates; 27g protein; 5g fiber