Roasted Artichoke and Mushroom Chicken Recipe – 5 Points +
Another amazingly easy and delicious Weight Watchers chicken recipe that tastes like you spent hours preparing it. This Roasted Artichoke and Mushroom Chicken Recipe tastes like a million bucks! The artichokes and mushroom deliver a nice dose of fiber, and the mustard and red wine sauce add the perfect flavor, all while the chicken stays juicy and succulent. If you aren’t concerned about the extra Points, try adding in some chicken thighs and drumsticks. My husband loves these, so I threw in some for him and took a taste….soooooo good. The prep work for this dish is minimal and it can put together pretty quickly…but the outcome is fantastic. Serve it as is or over some rice or polenta for extra volume. At just 5 Points + per serving, this Roasted Artichoke and Mushroom Chicken Recipe is a real winner.
Roasted Artichoke and Mushroom Chicken Recipe
Juicy, succulent, and savory chicken roasted with delicious artichoke hearts and fresh mushrooms, all seasoned with fresh basil and a delectable wine and mustard sauce. This lovely, low calorie dinner recipe sounds impressive and yet is incredibly easy.
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 6 fillets
- 1 15 oz can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 lb white mushrooms, halved
- 2 medium/large shallots, diced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp brown mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then place chicken, artichokes, mushrooms and shallots in a medium sized roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients. Then pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Roast for about 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through to desired level of doneness.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: French
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 piece of chicken and 1/6th of vegetables
Each serving = 5 Points +
PER SERVING: 237 calories; 4.5g fat; 7.5g carbohydrates; 34g protein; 2g fiber