Even though it’s still crazy hot here in Southern California, I can’t help but fantasizing about fall and all the delicious Weight Watchers Fall Recipes I’ll be whipping up this season! In light of my fall food fantasies, today I’m sharing this delicious and super easy Butternut Squash Turkey Bolognese Recipe. Made with a jarred butternut squash pasta sauce (I used THIS one from Dave’s Gourmet), you’ll get a healthy and mouthwatering pasta dish that’s very simple to prepate, but tastes like you’ve been slaving over the stove all day working on it. The sauce is incredible…so fresh tasting, so creamy, and yet very light. By adding the cooked ground turkey sauteed with onion and garlic, the dish becomes more hearty and homemade tasting. And the fresh basil adds the perfect finishing touch. So, if you are in the mood for fall, this light Butternut Squash Bolognese is a must try.
Butternut Squash Turkey Bolognese
A pasta recipe that is incredibly flavorful, yet light on Points, this Butternut Squash Bolognese is divine. Using the jarred pasta sauce makes it super easy, yet the cooked ground turkey adds some heartiness and a homemade taste to it.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, spray a large, nonstick skillet with an olive oil mister or non-fat cooking spray and set over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion, and sauté until they begin to soften and onions become translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add in ground turkey, paprika, salt and pepper, and break up with a wooden spoon, while cooking. Cook until just browned.
- Pour in pasta sauce, cover and let cook on low until pasta sauce is heated through and hot. Stir in basil.
- Remove from heat, and toss with cooked pasta.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet tags: Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is about 1 ¼ cup
Each serving = 6 Points +
PER SERVING: 249 calories; 3g fat; 38g carbohydrates; 18g protein; 5.5g fiber