This basic Oriental Cabbage and Cranberry Salad Recipe tastes so amazing, it’s hard to believe that each serving is just 2 Points + and that it’s so incredibly easy to make. It’s one of my go to salad recipes for when I need a quick prep side dish that doesn’t require a lot of chopping. I buy the cabbage already shredded in a package, so I just dice up some green onions, make the dressing, and let it sit in the fridge until dinner time. My kids love the flavors and don’t realize that they are eating a vegetable. Sometimes I’ll add toasted almonds or edamame for an added nutrition boost, but keep in mind that will increase the Points + value. Truly delicious, my Oriental Cabbage and Cranberry Salad is a favorite around our house. Not only for it’s low Points value, but because it tastes fantastic.
Oriental Cabbage and Cranberry Salad
Fresh, light, crunchy ad bursting with flavor, this delicious salad recipe is not only easy, but very tasty. It’s a pretty basic side dish recipe that takes just minutes to prepare and works well with a variety of main courses.
- 1 10oz package shredded cabbage
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- sprinkle of sesame seeds (optional garnish)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar.
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, scallions, and cranberries. Pour dressing over everything, and toss well. Cover and refrigerate for at 1-3 hours before serving. Toss again just before serving. Garnish with optional sesame seeds
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, Raw
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Chinese
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 3/4 cup
Each serving = 2 Points +
PER SERVING: 67 calories; 2.5g fat; 10.5g carbohydrates; 1.5g protein; 1.5g fiber