Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Recipe – 4 Points +
Pumpkin Pie is such a traditional American dessert…it’s so comforting and it really connects you to such a wonderful time of the year – fall and the Thanksgiving holiday. Well, with this Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Recipe, you can start your day with the flavor of pumpkin pie in a classic, steel cut oatmeal. This recipe was something I’d been meaning to play around with for quite a while. I simply followed the instructions on my oatmeal package, but subbed out some of the milk and water for pumpkin puree. To avoid adding sugar, I used some vanilla extract, and instead of milk, I used unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze to add more sweetness. But if you prefer, you can absolutely use some non-fat milk instead. The texture of the oatmeal was perfect, and I topped it with a drizzle of maple syrup for added flavor. This is such a hearty and healthy breakfast recipe that is just 4 Points + per serving, and it is wonderfully gratifying and satisfying. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
There couldn’t be a more delicious and nutritious breakfast this time of year, than this Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Recipe. It’s thick, and decadent, and perfectly flavored with pumpkin pie spice and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- 1 cup uncooked steel cut oats
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 15oz can pure pumpkin
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a medium/large size, nonstick sauce pan, add oats and 3 cups hot water. Bring to a simmer, then turn heat to low, and cook for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond milk, vanilla, pumpkin, salt, and pumpkin pie spice until well combined and smooth. Slowly stir into the oats, and continue to cook on low for about another 20-30 minutes.
- Divide into 6 serving bowls, and top each with a drizzle of maple syrup.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about ¾ cup
Each serving = 4 Points +
PER SERVING: 171 calories; 2.5g fat; 33g carbohydrates; 4g protein; 5g fiber