Perfect for a fast and easy weeknight Weight Watchers dinner recipe, this Onion Honey Dijon Chicken gets the job done, and done well! It’s mildly sweet and tangy, and the chicken comes out perfectly tender and juicy. Each serving is just 4 Points +, making it as guilt free as it is delicious. Serve over rice or pasta and pair with a fresh salad or roasted vegetables for a complete meal. If you aren’t concerned about Points, then I recommend also throwing in a few chicken thighs as well. They are SO juicy and flavorful in this recipe. Enjoy!
Onion Honey Dijon Chicken
Mildly sweet and tangy, this easy Weight Watchers chicken recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight. The chicken cooks so tender and juicy, and the onions add a nice extra boost of flavor.
- 2lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 6 fillets
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp dijon mustard (I used the whole grain kind)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a large baking dish with an olive oil mister or cooking spray.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place in baking dish. Cover chicken with the sliced onions.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over chicken and onions, and place in oven to bake, uncovered, until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 chicken fillet
Each serving = 4 Points +
PER SERVING: 198 calories; 2g fat; 7g carbohydrates; 34g protein; 0g fiber