A few weeks ago, I bought a new toy for myself…the Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Cutter. This nifty little gadget allows me to very easily turn whole zucchini into lovely, uniformly shaped zucchini noodles in just a few seconds. This is a lot easy that performing this task with my mandolin slicer, and it’s really quite fun. Eager to put my Veggetti to the test, I whipped up this deliciously fresh and light Zucchini Noodles with Creamy Lemon Chive Sauce Recipe. I made it as a quick, no-cook side dish to a Sunday brunch, and it was excellent. Very light, lemony, and simple, it came out to just 2 Points + per serving. I can’t wait to play around with the Veggetti and see what other great new Weight Watchers Recipes I can create!
Zucchini Noodles with Creamy Lemon Chive Sauce
Fresh, light and delicious, these low calorie zucchini noodles are tossed with a bright, creamy lemon chive sauce and make a wonderful addition to just about any meal. Perfect for an Easter Brunch side dish recipe!
- 1 lb zucchini, washed and trimmed
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except the zucchini. Mix well. Cover and set aside.
- Using a mandolin slicer or Veggetti, slice zucchini into long thin, noodle-like strips. Place in a medium sized bowl and toss with sauce until zucchini noodles are evenly coated. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 3/4 cup
Each serving = 2 Points +
PER SERVING: 85 calories; 5.5g fat; 5.5g carbohydrates; 4g protein; 1g fiber