A taco in liquid form, this delicious Turkey Taco Soup is so hearty and satisfying! Each huge serving is 7 Points +, making it a perfect Weight Watchers recipe that’s great for just about anytime. It reheats and freezes well, so I like to double the batch and keep a good supply in my freezer. Feel free to get creative with your toppings, and enhance the flavors even more by adding low fat sour cream, jalapeños, diced red onions, shredded lettuce, fresh cilantro or reduced fat tortilla chips on top. All the fiber and protein make this a very filling dish, but if you want to trim this down a Point or two, you can cut out 1 can of beans. It’s just as delicious either way. Enjoy!
Turkey Taco Soup
A taco that can be eaten from a spoon instead of your hands, this delicious taco soup is a breeze to whip up. Plus, it’s loaded with protein and fiber, is incredibly satisfying and a perfect game day meal!
- 1lb extra lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 28oz cans diced, roasted tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 15oz can pinto beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 cup corn
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar, shredded
- Spray a large pot or Dutch oven with cooking spray or an olive oil mister, and set over medium high heat. Add in ground turkey and broth, and cook until turkey is no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in garlic and onion, and cook until fragrant, about 2-3 more minutes.
- Stir in ranch seasoning, taco seasoning, tomatoes, corn, and beans, and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and let cook for about 20-30 minutes.
- Spoon into 6 serving bowls, and top each bowl with cheese, while soup is still hot.
- Serve with optional toppings such as: sour cream, lime wedge, diced red onions, fresh cilantro, and crushed tortilla chips).
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Diet tags: Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 2/3 cups
Each serving = 9 Smart Points/7 Points +
PER SERVING: 349calories; 4g fat; 2.37g saturated fat; 35g carbohydrate; 9.62g sugar; 30g protein; 9g fiber