Whenever I’m having a hankering for chicken nuggets, I whip up a batch of these zero guilt Baked Cauliflower Bites instead! Barbecue sauce is my usual dip of choice, but I have also had them with homemade honey mustard dip, ranch, Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, and even ketchup. All of which were tremendously delicious. And with each serving being just 2 Points + (not including the sauce), these are a WAAAAAAYYY better choice than chicken nuggets! Because, let’s face it, the nuggets are really only the vehicle for the dipping sauce, so why spend a lot of those Precious Weight Watchers Points on a fast food chicken nugget that’s loaded with terrible ingredients? Baked Cauliflower Bites are the way to go – they are super healthy and are so low in calories that I can go to town with my dipping sauce.
Baked Cauliflower Bites
A healthier, vegetarian version of chicken nuggets, these cauliflower bites are delicious and super healthy. They offer a great way to satisfy cravings for fast food nuggets and are just 2 Points Plus per serving.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Mist with an okie oil mister to non-fat cooking spray.
- Combine Panko, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, salt and pepper in a small, bowl.
- Place egg whites in a separate small bowl.
- Dip each piece of cauliflower into the egg whites, shake off excess, and then dip into Panko mixture coating evenly. Place onto baking sheet and mist lightly with an olive oil mister.
- Place in oven and bake until cauliflower is tender and breading begins to turn golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with dipping sauce of choice.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 4 Smart Points/2 Points +
PER SERVING: 117calories; 0g fat; 0g saturated fat; 20g carbohydrate; 6.02g sugar; 7.5g protein; 5g fiber