All the delicious flavors of pepperoni pizza rolled up in a juicy chicken breast that is breaded and seasoned with Italian herbs, makes this one unbelievably good Weight Watchers chicken recipe! High in protein and lower in carbs than a slice of pizza, this high protein version will really fuel you up. And by using a light, turkey pepperoni, I was able to really stuff that chicken with a lot of it, which tastes incredible. This easy chicken dish is sure to be a family favorite. Enjoy!
Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Chicken
Amazing flavor, and an easy recipe makes for one seriously delicious Weight Watchers dinner idea. Instead of ordering pizza, try this healthy chicken recipe instead.
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts (cut into 4 fillets)
- 2 oz (32 slices) light turkey pepperoni (I used Applegate Farms)
- 2 oz reduced fat mozzarella cheese slices (I used 2 1oz slices cut in half)
- 1 cup jarred fat free pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 cup Panko
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 and mist a 9” x 13” baking dish with nonfat cooking spray.
- Using a meat mallet, flatten each chicken fillet to about 1/3” thick. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 tbsp of pizza sauce on one side of chicken. One on half of the sauced side, lay 1 slice (0.5oz) of the mozzarella cheese, and 8 slices of the turkey pepperoni. Fold chicken fillet in half, being careful to try and keep the filling inside and rolling in the edges, if possible. Seal with toothpicks, if needed.
- Prepare dredging station by placing the flour in one shallow bowl, the liquid egg whites in another, and the Panko, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and additional salt & pepper in the third.
- One by one, coat each piece of chicken in the flour, then the egg then the Panko seasoning mixture. Be careful to try and can keep the open side of the pocket pinched closed and keep the fillings in (this is why I recommend the toothpicks in Step 3). Place in prepared baking dish, and bake, uncovered for about 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked through and outside is golden brown and crispy.
- Pour remaining pizza sauce over chicken right after it is removed from the oven, and serve.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Italian
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 stuffed chicken breast
Each serving = 8 Smart Points/8 Points +
PER SERVING: 309calories; 8g fat; 3g saturated fat; 39g carbohydrate; 2g sugar; 21g protein; 3g fiber