Back in May, I put together an awesome Weight Watches Dessert Recipe for a super fabulous blog, It Sux to Be Fat. If you haven’t ever had a chance to read her blog, Jennifer Swafford provides an open and honest dialogue there that covers Weight Loss, Exercise, Recipes and Nutrition. And she does it in a away that makes you feel like you are talking to your best friend, rather than some super skinny weight loss authority. Jennifer has lost 100 lbs with Weight Watchers and her story, advice and support are a great asset to anyone trying to lose weight, so I highly suggest checking out her blog!
Now, about those cupcakes…that’s right – they are just 3 Points + each! Made with a standard cake box mix, and a few healthier substitutions, these cupcakes will rock your world! They make a fantastic summer dessert recipe to bring to a potluck or BBQ, so if you need an idea for a Weight Watchers 4th of July Recipe, this would make an awesome one. Enjoy!
Light, moist, and delicious, these low calorie cupcakes are the perfect summer treat. Made with a whipped cream frosting and a standard cake box mix with some healthy substitutions, you’ll never believe these cupcakes are just 3 Points + each.
- 1 15.25 oz box of white cake mix (I used Pillsbury Funfetti)
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar free lemonade mix
- 1 8-10 oz tub of light whipped topping (I used Light Truwhip)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin/cupcake cups with paper liners.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine cake mix, water, applesauce, lemon zest and 1 tbsp of the sugar free lemonade mix.
- Spoon batter evenly into cupcake cups.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 17 minutes. Transfer cupcakes immediately to a rack to cool.
- While cupcakes are cooling, make frosting by combining the whipped topping, and remaining 1/2 tbsp sugar free lemonade mix.
- Once cupcakes are completely cool, top with frosting and serve.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 24
Culinary tradition: USA (Southern)
Entire recipe makes 24 servings
Serving size is 1 cupcake
Each serving = 5 Smart Points/3 Points +
PER SERVING: 99calories; 3g fat; 1g saturated fat; 17g carbohydrate; 11g sugar; 1g protein; 0g fiber