I’m just going to get right to the point here, Chick-fil-A is flippin’ delicious. There’s just something about how perfectly moist, juicy and seasoned their fried chicken sandwich is, that I just cannot control myself when I’m in there. That’s why I never go. :(. So I decided to scour the Internet and see if I could find a copycat version that was more Weight Watchers friendly. And after a few trials, errors and tweaks, I finally came up with the perfect version. You can save another Point or two by using a sandwich thin instead of a traditional bun, if you’d like. But 7 Points + per sandwich is still a great bargain in comparison to the restaurant version. I’m sorry that I didn’t get a chance to dress up the sandwich more for the picture, but it smelled soon incredible, and my family and I were all dying to eat it! So, the photo shows just the bare bones. But I recommend serving it with some pickle slices, lettuce, tomatoes and onions. Yum!
Knock Off Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich
Get your Chick-fil-A craving satisfied with this amazing Weight Watchers friendly knock off recipe. Tender, juicy chicken breast, with a light, crispy coating, served on a whole wheat bun.
- 1lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 4 fillets
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp dried mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Using a meat tenderizer or mallet, pound chicken with the flat side until each fillet is bout 1/2” thick.
- Place chicken in a small bowl, and cover with the pickle juice. Cover and marinate for 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, egg white and milk.
- In a another small, shallow bowl, combine the flour, paprika, dry mustard, baking soda, and salt and pepper.
- Dip each chicken fillet in the egg mixture, gently shake off the excess, then coat evenly with the flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Fry each chicken fillet for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through, and outside crust is golden and crisped.
- Serve on toasted whole wheat buns with desired toppings.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 chicken sandwich
Each serving = 8 Smart Points/7 Points +
PER SERVING: 326 calories; 5.5g fat; 3g saturated fat; 32g carbohydrates; 4.6g sugar; 34g protein; 6.5g fiber