Our garden hasn’t done great this year, but I’ve still enjoyed cooking with the produce we’ve gotten out of the garden. These delicious grilled lemon pepper vegetables are a wonderful side. The easiest way to make these is by using a grill pan, but you can also wrap them in aluminum foil to grill them. Or they can be baked or stir fried. They are bright and colorful – which is one of the (many) reasons why I love to add a side of vegetables to every meal. Vegetables are so easy to make in so many different ways. They add color and texture to the meal, not to mention flavor and nutrients. One of the best things about these vegetables is that you can change it up with whatever you happen to have on hand, they’ll be just as tasty.
Add these vegetables to nearly any meal – they’re a great addition. They are bright and colorful and full of flavor. Grilling them means they’re just crisp-tender and still beautiful.
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 yellow summer squash, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 lb green beans, cleaned and snapped
- 1 cup red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 eggplant, chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp seasoned pepper
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Grill in a grill pan (or wrapped in an aluminum foil packet until crisp tender, about 5 – 8 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/2 cups
Each serving = 3 Smart Points/1 Points +
PER SERVING: 110 calories; 2g fat; .6g saturated fat; 15g carbohydrates; 1.5g sugar; 4g protein; 5g fiber