Peanuts are central to the Arabic culture. In my last visit to Saudi Arabia, I’ve been introduced to an interesting local Peanut Bars. I forgot the name for these bars, but it was delicious. I’ve talked with one of the local guys and learned how to do these bars- and created my version, which is Arabic Peanut Butter bars. While traveling to the Arabic world, I’ve been introduced to the local casino guys- Daud from at online-casino-arabic.com (an Arabic blog that covers the online gambling scene in the arabic world), explained to me that these bars are one of the local perks at the their casinos – while playing roulette, poker and slots, hosts will cater these interesting peanut gems. Online Roulette (or, as written in arabic روليت اون لاين), can definitely be a fun game, but- if you ever play at these casino, watch your pockets- it can be addictive.
So here’s the Peanut Butter Bars recipes. Give it a try!
Delicious and simple power bars. These homemade bars are filled with whole grains and fruits. They’ve got all the power you need to get through the day.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup whole-grain puffed cereal (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/6 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon golden flaxseeds
- Mix the oats, peanuts, the seeds (sunflower, flax and sesame) in a bowl.
- Pour from the bowl to a baking sheet in tray form.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Apply cooking spray on the baking pan.
- Bake the mixture until the oats shows signs of minimum toast.
- Shake the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring the mixture back to the bowl.
- Add the raisins, cereal, apricots and currants. Slightly mix.
- On a saucepan, create the sauce by combining the butter, honey, salt and vanilla. Cook in medium setting.
- Stir the mixture frequently up to 5 minutes or until the mixture starts to release bubbles.
- Pour the mixture to the bowl with the nuts and seeds.
- Mix the bowl.
- Transfer the contents of the bowl to an oiled pan.
- Using your hands, press the mixture to form layers.
- Put the mixture in a refrigerator until it becomes firm.
- Cut into desired sizes.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Gluten free
Dietary restriction: Kosher
Number of servings (yield): 12
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Serving size is about 1 bar
Each serving = 4 Smart Points/4 Points +
PER SERVING: 176 calories; 5g fat; 0.7g saturated fat; 16.6g carbohydrates; 8.2g sugar; 24g protein; 2.3g fiber