Arroz con pollo is a traditional dish from Spain and Latin America. It translates as “Rice with Chicken” in Spanish.
There are many different ways to prepare this tasty meal, but below is my special Weight Watchers chicken recipe version, with lower calories, yet still with all the yumminess!
Some people may use saffron in arroz con pollo, but I did not in this recipe. Though, feel free to add it to your version, if you’d like, as it will not affect the Weight Watchers Points Value.
This is such an easy meal to make and is a great family Crockpot recipe!
Arroz Con Pollo Recipe
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Pepper
- 1 Clove Garlic — crushed
- 1 Tsp. Oregano
- 1 Cup of chopped bell peppers
- 2 Tsp. Chili Powder
- 8 Chicken Thighs without skin
- 1/2 C Chicken Broth
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs. Wine
- Red 1 10 Oz Peas, Frozen — thawed
- 2 C Rice, Cooked
- 2 Tbs. Cilantro — fresh chopped
- In a bowl, combine salt, pepper, garlic, oregano and chili powder. Sprinkle spice mixture over both sides of chicken pieces.
- Place chicken in slow cooker. Pour broth and wine over chicken. Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove chicken and cover to keep warm. Turn control to high. Add peas, onion, and bell peppers.
- Cover and cook on high 7 to 10 minutes. Stir in cooked rice and chicken until combined.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Per Serving; 358 Calories; 6g Fat (16.6% calories from fat); 34g Protein; 38g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 115mg Cholesterol; 581mg Sodium. 4 servings.
Weight Watchers Points = 7