I don’t know about you, but I LOVE pasta salad. And if you love it as much as I do, you’ll really enjoy this delicious (and healthy) recipe!
This is a great recipe to make for parties or large family dinners, as it serves 10. It’s also a very colorful dish (so your dinner guests will love it), and it’s loaded with vitamins and healthy fats.
Also, if you don’t have fresh salmon, you can used canned (it’s easier anyway). I made this salmon pasta salad once for a backyard BBQ and it was a huge hit! My friends all loved it and treated me like I was a gourmet chef. Ha!
Salmon Pasta Salad Recipe
- 15 1/2 ounces red salmon
- 1 lb Rotini pasta
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup ripe olives, sliced
- 2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried oregano leaves
*Feel free to vary this recipe by substituting or adding in additional veggies like broccoli, spinach, tomatoes, eggplant, capers, peas, artichokes, mushrooms and asparagus for no difference in Points
- Rinse and remove bones, skin, scales and any other tissue from the red salmon, then break or chop into medium-size pieces.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package, then set in the fridge to chill.
- Then in large bowl, combine the pasta, salmon, olives, bell pepper, carrots, celery and onion.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the salt and pepper, vinegar, oregano, oils, and sugar. Mix well.
- Then just pour this mixture over the salmon mixture, tossing carefully to coat all the pieces evenly. Serve immediately (or cover, chill and serve later).
Weight Watchers Points = 6
Nutritional information per serving: 299 calories, 9.1g fat, 2.8g fiber