Finger food is such a pleasure to eat as an appetizer or a quick snack, and it’s so easy to make. But if you’re dieting, it’s incredibly easy to just keeping gulping down those finger foods, usually without even realizing it.
These low calorie pepperoni pizza potato skins are a bit bigger than your typical finger food, so you’ll eat them slower. Plus, the potato base makes them more filling so you’ll eat less!
Feel free to mix it up and try different variations of them by using different toppings like pineapple, mushrooms, bell peppers, olives, or onions, and substituting the pepperoni for sausage, ham, or BBQ chicken.
If adding any of the last three options, just make sure to figure in the Points!
Pepperoni Pizza Potato Skin Recipe
- 2 large potatoes, baked, cooled completely, quartered lengthwise*
- A few sprays of nonstick cooking spray
- 2 oz pepperoni, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano, red pepper flakes or garlic, or to taste
- 1/3 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
*Be certain to let the potatoes thoroughly cool before you cut them and scoop out the inside.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Thoroughly spray a baking sheet with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Slice just the top portion (which is about two thirds of the potato flesh) off of each potato quarter. (You can save the potato flesh for later cooking, if you’d like).
- Layer two teaspoons of pizza sauce over each potato quarter; then sprinkle the pepperoni and cheese over the potatoes.
- Gently place the potato skins on the baking sheet that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake until cheese melts and potatoes are hot, approximately 6 to 8 minutes.
- Season to taste with red pepper flakes, dried basil, garlic or oregano.
Makes 4 servings.
Serving Size: 2 potato skins
Weight Watchers Points Value = 4 (WW Points)
[Source: Weight Watchers]