Here’s another tasty Passover Recipe that’s amazingly yummy and very low in Weight Watchers Points.
This will make a great side dish to your Passover meal and it tastes so good, your dinner guests probably won’t even know it’s low calorie! If you are following the Weight Watchers program, this traditional Jewish Passover recipe is a must try — you’ll love the unique flavor.
Plus it’s very easy to prepare and the leftovers taste great cold too!
Red Cabbage in Red Wine Sauce Recipe
- 1 small chopped white onion
- 1/2 kilogram red cabbage, sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.75 ounces of raisins
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinaigrette
- Salt and pepper by taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Splenda
- Fry the onion in the olive oil until golden.
- Add the cabbage and continue cooking until it loses its volume.
- Add the raisins, wine, vinaigrette, spices, and bring it to boil.
- Lower the flame and continue cooking while mixing occasionally uncovered for about 30 minutes or until the cabbage becomes very soft.
Makes 4 servings. Kosher for Passover.
Weight Watchers Points Value = 1 WW Point per serving
(total of 6 Weight Watchers Points for the entire dish)