As the weather warms up, I start to get giddy with the anticipation of my favorite season – summer. And with summer fast approaching, along with it comes the arrival of fresh and deliciously ripe fruits and vegetables.
One of my most favorite summer fruits, the tomato, is particularly ripe and tasty this time of year. And with all the summer BBQ parties and picnics, this tasty Cumin Tomato Salad is a wonderfully unique dish to bring along!
It also makes a fantastic complement to many meals. Plus, it’s light (0 Weight Watchers Points), easy to make and incredibly appetizing!
And the lovely bright red color of the tomatoes makes this salad pleasing to the eye as well as.
Cumin Tomato Salad Recipe
- 6 fresh, ripe, medium sized tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cumin
- Splash of fresh squeezed lemon juice
*Feel free to play around with seasonings until you get the flavor you like. Just make sure not to use more olive oil, as that will increase the Weight Watchers Points value.
- After thoroughly washing the tomatoes, julienne them into thick strips.
- In a separate bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Pour over tomatoes.
- Add cumin to salad, and toss.
Each serving = Zero Weight Watchers Points (0 WW Points)