photo credit: roland
One of my most favorite 4th of July BBQ foods is a good old fashioned, fresh from the grill hamburger or cheeseburger!
Unfortunately, those burgers can come with some pretty hefty nutritional stats. But my recipe is so amazingly delicious, it will knock your socks off! And don’t worry — it’s not a veggie burger or even a turkey burger — it’s a real, honest-to-goodness real beef hamburger!
It’s the perfect Weight Watchers Fourth of July recipe to use if you are following the Weight Watchers plan, but still want to partake in all the holiday BBQ yumminess!
This is definitely you’ll want to add to your 4th of July picnic’s menu!
4th of July Hamburger Recipe
- 1 package of Wonder Light Hamburger Buns (8 buns in package)
- 32 oz. extra lean ground beef (it should be around 140 calories for 4 oz)
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1 packet of dry ranch seasoning/salad mix
- 4 minced garlic gloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, egg whites, ranch seasoning mix, garlic, and salt and pepper together, until thoroughly blended.
- Form meat into 8 flat and thin hamburger shaped patties. Barbecue on the grill until desired level of cooking is reaching.
- Place patty on bun and garnish. Enjoy!
*You can garnish your hamburger with any of the following and it will not affect the Weight Watchers Points value: lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, jalapeños, roasted peppers, or mushrooms.
**Make it a cheeseburger by adding a slice of reduced fat swiss or cheddar cheese, and add on 1 additional Weight Watchers Point
Each serving = 4 Weight Watchers Points