I have always been a big fan of wings — buffalo wings, BBQ wings, teriyaki wings — I am an equal opportunity wing eater. But when I learned the nutritional value of most wings, I pretty much figured that I could never again enjoy that chicken wing yuminess without totally destroying my Weight Watchers Diet Plan.
So when I found this awesome crock pot recipe — a delicious Teriyaki Wings recipe for just 2 Weight Watchers Points, I was beyond excited.
I HIGHLY recommend giving this tasty chicken wing recipe a try. Because it’s cooked in the slow cooker for so long, the meat REALLY soaks up the sauce and becomes so moist and tender and full of flavor. These teriyaki wings are better than most of the wings I’ve had a restaurants!! And yet, they are low in Weight Watchers Points, and are one of the best low calorie recipes for wings that I’ve ever found!
Keep checking LaaLoosh for more tasty wing recipes like my low Point Buffalo Wings Recipe and my low Point Honey BBQ Wings Recipe!
Chicken Wings in Teriyaki Sauce Crock Pot Recipe
- 3 pounds skinless chicken wings — about 16 wings
- 1 large onion – chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry — or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut off and discard wing tips. And cut off as much of the chicken skin as you can.
- Cut each wing at joint to make two sections. Place wing parts on broiler pan.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat 20 minutes, 10 minutes a side or until chicken is a light, golden brown.
- Transfer chicken to Crock-Pot Slow Cooker. Mix together onion, brown sugar, soy sauce, cooking sherry (or chicken broth), ginger, honey, and garlic in bowl. Pour over chicken wings.
- Cover and cook on Low 5 to 6 hours or on High 2 to 3 hours.
- Stir chicken wings once to ensure wings are evenly coated with sauce. Serve from Crock Pot.
Each Serving = 2 Weight Watchers Points