Macaroni and cheese is such an amazing comfort food recipe, and one of my favorites at that. But being pretty high in calories and fat, it’s not really the most Points friendly food.
But I’ve just been craving it lately and I HAD to have some!! So, over Thanksgiving Day weekend, I spent some time creating an AWESOME Mac & Cheese recipe that has just 2 Points for a huge serving.
Quite honestly, I’m a big fan of the basic Kraft Mac & Cheese in a box, so I created this low calorie version to be as close to the taste of that as possible. Granted, this is no fancy schmancy macaroni and cheese dish that you’d get at a good restaurant, but it’s pretty darn good, is super easy to make, and for the gigantic difference in Points, this Weight Watchers Macaroni and Cheese recipe truly takes the cake. I mean, you can seriously chow down on this and not feel the least bit guilty. It is a really, really big serving, but if you enjoy eating that much and the calories are low, why not? :)
If you can no longer deny your macaroni and cheese cravings, give this low calorie recipe a try immediately!
Low Calorie Macaroni and Cheese Recipe – 2 Points
- 2 packages of 0 Calorie Miracle Noodle Rigatoni Pasta (this was the closest noodle time they had to macaroni)
- 1 tbsp light butter ( I used Balade Light Butter)
- 1/8 cup fat free skim milk
- 1/4 cup Barry Farm Cheddar Cheese Powder, 1 lb.
- Start by draining and rinsing your noodles VERY well.
- Next pat noodles as dry as possible with paper towels. It’s very important to really squeeze the liquid out of these babies and get them as dry as you can.
- In a microwave safe bowl, nuke your noodles for about 2 minutes on high.
- Then, transfer noodles to a medium sized saucepan and turn on medium heat.
- Add butter and stir until melted.
- Then, add in cheese powder and milk, and stir until cheese has fully dissolved.
Makes one HUGE serving. Eat it all yourself, or share!
Serving Size = whole recipe
Each serving = 2 Weight Watchers Points