No holiday celebration is complete without sugar cookies! They are so simple, yet still so delicious, and every year I look forward to chowing down on them!
But the traditional Christmas cookie recipe can be pretty caloric. However, this Weight Watchers Sugar Cookie Recipe will keep you on your diet program and behaving like the good Weight Watcher that you are, but still allow you to enjoy one of these classic holiday favorites.
Each sugar cookie has just 1 Weight Watchers Point, but tastes like it has a heck of a lot more! These Christmas cookies are the perfect treat to take to any holiday party this year and is fantastic Weight Watchers Christmas Cookie Recipe that’s definitely worth sharing!
Weight Watchers Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cups butter
- 1/4 cups Neufchatel cheese
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cups fat-free skim milk
- 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cups sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg; set aside.
- Place butter and cheese in a large bowl; cream using an electric mixer. Add sugar and beat until batter is pale yellow; beat in vanilla extract and egg.
- Add about 1/3 of flour mixture and 1/3 of milk to cheese mixture; mix batter on low speed until just combined. Repeat 2 more times with remaining flour mixture and milk, until thoroughly combined into cheese mixture.
- Shape dough into a ball and loosely cover with plastic wrap. Using your palms, press down on plastic wrap to flatten dough into a hamburger shape; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of flour on a flat work surface. Pull off about 1/3 of dough and, using a rolling pin, roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Using a 3-inch circular cookie cutter, cut cookies out of dough and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Make these Weight Watchers Christmas sugar cookies any shape you want!
- Roll up dough scraps and add back to dough ball.
- Pull off another 1/3 of dough and repeat process until all dough is used — recipe will make approximately 45 cookies.
- Sprinkle your Christmas Sugar cookies with colored sugar and bake until edges just start to turn golden, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove cookies to wire racks and cool completely. Total recipe makes 45 cookies.
Serving Size = 1 Cookie
Each Serving = 1 Weight Watchers Point